V O L U N T E E R
Social Media Volunteer
We are currently seeking a social media volunteer or intern with marketing and/or advertising experience to help promote our causes. We prefer someone who is web-savvy and has great phone and communication skills. Applicant should have experience with Facebook, Twitter, online blogging, marketing and/or advertising, great personal and written communication skills, asensitivity to and awareness of horse protection issues, attention to detail and unrelenting determination.
To apply please email us and tell us about yourself and why you would like to volunteer for this position. Thank you!
The Horse Fund thrives because of our dedicated team of volunteers. We have two types of volunteers. But before we get to that, please know that we are not a rescue, we do not have any horses. Now that's clear, let's go!
By full time we mean in terms of commitment. These are volunteer staff who work 2 – 10 hours per week throughout the year who are either (a) assigned to a particular issue or (b) assigned to an ongoingcampaign.
These are volunteer staff who work when called on for short-term projects or to help staff a particular campaign. Short-term projects can last anywhere from a few days to a few months.
• Regular access to internet service and a personal email account you check frequently.
• Internet research and reporting skills.
• Good written and verbal skills.
• Experience in any area of social media is always an asset.
• The ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision.
• Commitment to the Fund's philosophy and policies.
• Confident you can think on your feet and be cool under pressure.
• The steely mentality necessary to face horrific acts of cruelties to horses.
You do not need to be an expert on horse protection and safety issue. You can learn that.
You do not need previous experience with an organization like ours. Come as you are and bring what you have.
You do not need an in-depth knowledge of horses. You can learn that. However, any understanding you already have of horses and their needs will be very valuable.
What you need to have more than anything else is a deep love for horses and dedicated to the betterment of their lives.
You also need an open heart and an open mind.
There's nobody quite like us, who think or take action the way we do. We are leaders, not followers.